Latest Projects in the Kitchen




I hesitated on posting these images. I found it hard to top my effort with the flourless chocolate cake. I may try making sushi soon and perhaps use high quality fish too. As for now, I post a carrot cake and a custard torte.
The cake had, well, I forget exactly what. There was a cream filling with diced dates that was great. Oh, there were raisins in the batter too. Yes, and there was coconut somewhere too. I should have made a ganache or at least a whipped cream to accompany it.
The torte was nice. I received a lot of compliments on its delectability. The pastry had finely ground unblanched almonds, a half teaspoon of mace powder, and a few tablespoons of Kirshwasser, which is a cherry brandy. I pan seared banana slices in honey and made them the first layer. The custard layer, I admit, was complicated to make. To put it simply, I folded a chocolate cream with dried spearmint into a custard that I cooked on the stovetop. I caramelized peach slices in honey too while the custard set. I then made a syrup with minced ginger and apricot preserves. I believe that five hours passed while making this dessert. What I do not like is that the pastry is slightly uneven, which is an error that I will correct next time.
Otherwise, here is a photograph of me reenacting getting ready for church. I look in the mirror that reflects my icons.

<< Home